DevOps Engineer, Full-time
Monadnock Media is an award-winning company that specializes in creating immersive multimedia and interactive experiences for museums, visitor centers, and historic sites. We are seeking a DevOps Engineer with 2-3 years of experience who’s interested in creating meaningful interactives that both educate and entertain.
The right candidate will be a quick learner, proactive and self-motivated, eager to ask for advice and feedback, adaptable and open to taking direction. We want a creative person who has a passion for their work, an eagerness to learn new cutting edge technologies and implement them within a team that enjoys expanding their skills and imagination.
As DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for learning the current Monadnock development process and then finding ways to improve its efficiency both from a programmatic side and also from a process standpoint. Technically you will be expanding on shared libraries, writing test code, and managing continuous integration builds while also being responsible for writing technical documentation, managing tasks in Gitlab, and handling feedback/QA groups. You will be supporting remote installations of exhibit technology including servers, interactive appliances, and networking equipment.
- Experience with software management tools like Jira or GitLab
- Strong knowledge of software QA processes
- High level of GIT proficiency (Branch management, merging, etc.)
- Comfortable with writing concise technical documentation
- Experience with Unity and/or C# programming
- Experience with Docker or similar application container technology
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience with Network design and troubleshooting
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Experience with Graphql API design and development
- Experience with CI/CD in GitLab or similar environment
- Experience with front end development, CSS, Bootstrap, etc.
- Skills in the area of user experience, game design, or similar
- Find ways to make the development cycle from prototyping to implementation/installation more efficient
- Support the development team technically by developing libraries and documentation and facilitate code sharing between developers
- Use Gitlab to help the team track time management, schedule QA and build reviews, gather feedback, and manage issues.
What we offer:
This is a full-time position in an informal and dog-friendly work environment. Benefits include: paid time off, medical, dental, 401K, and 12 holidays, including your birthday.
We strive to build a welcoming workplace in which employees can bring their unique characteristics, skills, and experiences to our collaborative process. We strongly encourage talent from underrepresented demographics to apply.
Please send resume to Pippa Crosby-Garcia, Office Manager: email@example.com
Monadnock Media, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit and an Equal Opportunity Employer.