Interactive Developer, Full-time
Monadnock Media is an award-winning company that specializes in creating immersive multimedia and interactive experiences for museums, visitor centers, and historic sites. We are seeking an Interactive Developer with 2-3 years of experience who’s interested in creating meaningful interactives that both educate and entertain.
The right candidate will be a quick learner, proactive and self-motivated, eager to ask for advice and feedback, adaptable and open to taking direction. We want a creative person who has a passion for their work, an eagerness to learn the latest technologies and implement them within a team that enjoys expanding their skills and imagination.
As an interactive developer you will be primarily responsible for the design and development of front-end applications using web technologies, and relying on our in-house content management API. You will take a client-approved interactive design from a prototype to installation. In addition you should have a strong instinct for the user experience.
- Experience with front end development(CSS, Bootstrap, etc.) or Unity and C# programming
- Skills in the area of user experience, interaction, game design, or similar
- Knowledge of software QA processes
- Experience with software management tools like Jira or GitLab
- Comfortable with writing concise technical documentation
- Experience interfacing with IOT devices, microcontrollers, etc.
- Design and build unique interactive experiences for our clients
- Willingness to learn new technologies and apply them in unique ways
- Be part of a creative team
- Use Gitlab to help the team track time management, schedule QA and build reviews, gather feedback, and manage issues
What we offer:
This is a full-time position in an informal and dog-friendly work environment. Benefits include: paid time off, medical, dental, 401K, and 12 holidays, including your birthday.
We strive to build a welcoming workplace in which employees can bring their unique characteristics, skills, and experiences to our collaborative process. We strongly encourage talent from underrepresented demographics to apply.
Please send resume to Pippa Crosby-Garcia, Office Manager:
Monadnock Media, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit and an Equal Opportunity Employer.